Friday, November 15, 2013

Home from the Hospital

Yay!  Morgan and Josiah arrived home today.  They were expected to be discharged by noon, but it was 4pm or 5pm...but I think that can happen in the States too.  Morgan was very happy to be out!  If you saw her room, you would understand.  I don't know how to explain, but things are very old in the room and it isn't decorated.  I took some pictures of the hospital for my mama, but have yet to figure out how to upload them on Andrew's computer.  The cost is a good thing there....the c-section and hospital stay were in the hundreds of dollars....and not the high hundreds.  I went to pay for part of the stay (Andrew's money) and the cashier had NO computer in her room.  The calculations were all hand written.  How's that for keeping it simple?  The housekeepers get paid directly by the patients, and it isn't much either.  I have a picture of one of them sweeping something off Morgan's floor and she is dressed beautifully in red and has a homemade soft broom.
I HAD to take a picture of the parking lot for the hospital.  It is only a strip of uneven yard on either side of the street with plenty of trash strewn copiously over it.  I tried to get a picture of a free wandering cow standing there eating an empty box, but he walked away.
The Lord gave Andrew and Morgan favor with the nurses and several expressed appreciation for their cooperation.
It has been wonderful to see how the campus community has reached out to help during this time.  Offers to babysit, stay with Morgan or help with food have been very generous!  It's the body of Christ.

I'm running on generator now so I will write more tomorrow.

1 comment: