Thursday, November 10, 2011

Works of God

Seeing God move and work in service again tonight, makes me thankful for men and women who can tune into the Spirit enough to be used of Him.  Not just having gifts and abilities, but a heart tuned toward the Lord.  The message on taking up our cross and yielding all to Christ was clear and powerful.
It was a joy to hear Pastor Clark share how God is working in a young man's heart at the school.  A young man who has a very difficult home life and who had never touched a Bible until going to this school.
Also encouraging, was seeing young people/children in the service obey God.  There's a row of 5 girls ages 10-15 ? who sit right in front of us.  They are responding so well to the move of God....testifying, lifting hands of praise and going to the altar when needed.  This has been a blessing to Ariana.  Our church and another church are joining together for this revival so the other girls are from the other church.  It helps me to see Ariana right in there.  She can't hardly contain herself.  She is praising the Lord frequently through the hymns and sharings.  She told me tonight she wanted to run around the church.  She also wanted to go to another room just to 'scream'. :-)  We really trust the Lord to have wisdom in how to guide her in these areas.  She is much more emotional and expressive than the rest of us Litchfields and we want her to be herself...with discernment!  I was also sitting there tonight thinking, "I'm surprised Ariana is getting anything out of the service tonight, the way I've had to scold her today."  I felt the Lord reminding me then that I had similar feelings when our other 4 children were younger.  I love to be at peace and, believe it or not, giving firm instruction is disturbing to me...so I often was surprised when my kids were as resilient as they were and responded to the Lord as they did after what they had to hear from me sometimes (truth, but not easy).  I need so much more patience now than I did then...good thing I'm older!  I am trusting the Lord!  Even with my brutal honesty, I am picking up from Ariana that I still am nicer than some adults in her past...thank God.

1 comment:

  1. The evangelist who is speaking this week, Andrew says is his favorite preacher... so I had high expectations! He is very good and very clear. My favorite part is his sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. I will have to say, though, Andrew, that I think you, Don and my dad are my favorite preachers still... :-) - Karin

    ReplyDelete