Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting Ready

It's less than a week now until I get to go to Ireland with my mom!  Preparations are necessary!  I spent some time last night making Ariana's school schedule for a couple weeks, and her babysitter and med instructions.  We are using our babysitter lots the month of December.  I'll be in Ireland 10 days and Mikah will be in China for 3 weeks.  Plus, where Mikah and I work, they need a lot of extra help since we're filling in for each other and there are others taking time off too.  Not to mention, we just took on a new client!
Today, I am taking the van in for a tire repair and oil change, making some pies and getting ready to head to Kokomo this evening for Thanksgiving.
About a week ago, I was sitting in prayer meeting again being thankful for a local body of Christ.  It is like an anchor for our family.  It has great value in our lives and in the raising of our children.  One of the senior saints was sharing that night about how  Christians in America tend to try too hard to be nice.  Instead of obeying God and ruffling feathers, we put the premium on being 'nice'.  There's a lot of truth to that.  May God help me - I know I have felt years of pressure to conform to making people happy and I have also experienced 'abrasion' when I haven't made people happy.  May I only please the Lord...which will bring ultimate joy to all those who are hungry for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment