Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thou Preparest a Table Before Me

An article to encourage you to sit at that table on a daily basis!


The morning sun peeked in my window causing me to awaken.  I stretched my arms as I looked around my room.  Ahhhh…..gratefulness warms my heart as I see my table prepared for me once again.  The faithfulness and generosity of my Lord is beyond measure and understanding.   I slip out of bed and slide into my chair…made exactly to my dimensions and softly padded with perfection.   My Lord slips my robe over my shoulders.  With it’s weight,   I immediately feel the security, the love and the value this royal robe transfers to my inner most being.  I sigh with a relief;  a contentment, and I feel my soul rise to meet the morning with dignity.
The tablecloth radiates a pure white.  Elaborate stitching on the cloth carves out flowers, vines and fruit.  The thread is also pure white dusted with a glitter of gold.   A centerpiece in the midst of the table holds a tall, clear sapphire vase with an assortment of my favorite scented flowers…..hyacinths, lilacs, roses.   The fragrance is heavenly and as I inhale deeply, I feel an anointing and a holy energy flow through my veins.   His presence and His love surround me without and fill me within.
What a table my Lord has spread!   I see Him step near and his beautiful hands reach out to lift the silver carafe.   It is full of the wine of joy and gladness!  I admire the smoothness of the skin of His hands and the gentle manner in which they move as He fills my golden goblet full of the rich drink.   I hardly can hold back my eagerness as I reach forward to drink deeply from the heavy goblet.   As the smooth  liquid glides down my throat, my heart begins to sing praises to my King!  His joy is without measure!
My plate is also of fine gold.   Around the edges are carvings of majestic trees bearing fruit.  Each leaf appears to be intricately formed.   My utensils shine and await the touch of my hands.   My napkin feels like silk as I place it on my lap.    Not only is the wine abundant, but the feast of food begins to come.   As much as I want….as much as I have time for.   Savory stews, tender meats, vegetables with sauces, desserts with delicate and bold flavors.   Each dish meets a need within me.   His strength infuses every fiber of my being.   With His provision, there is no fear of lack.  With his strength, there is no danger of failure.  
His equipping is complete.  My enemies have no power over me.  They have watched with fury and trembling the love, care and empowerment I have received.  Nothing can compete with His provision.   Not only has it been adequate, it has been abundant beyond measure.  
I rest.  I bask.  I do not deserve this table.  Yet, I need it so deeply.  It satisfies the longings of my heart.  It edifies me.   It prepares me for the battle that I face yet ahead.   I scoot back my chair, grab my sword, and step forward with confidence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment