Thursday, July 17, 2014

Morning Journey

The alarm clock jolted me awake this morning.  I had struggled to go to sleep the night before and had a bad dream in the process when 5:30 rolled around.  In addition to that, there were a couple real life situations heavy on my mind. After some devotions, I decided to head outside for an early morning walk.  Love these cool mornings we've been having!  I was enjoying the fresh air, the quiet and the lush vegetation.  Even the soybeans in the field had a beauty to offer!  As I walked by the lake near our house, the trees were reflected in the still water and a soft steam rose like mist from it's surface.
As I absorbed the beauty of God's creation, my heart lifted the needs of those on my mind to the Lord.  I was searching for wisdom that I could offer those in troubled situations.  Then the obvious occurred to me....just give the needs to the Lord.  Suddenly I envisioned myself climbing a steep mountain and pushing a heavy load.  I was near the peak and knew as I pushed a little further, the heavy load would be thrust off the mountain and up into the hands of God.  As the load lifted with all it's weight off the earth, it disintegrated into God's presence.  Not that the problem was 'gone'.  It was taken care of.  The answer was There.  On it's way to those who needed it as only God can do.
I'm not trying to get into mysticism here - I'm just sharing how God helped lift my burdens this morning.  How wonderful to have a God who not only knows the best solution to every problem, but also cares enough about every detail of our lives to lift and guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment